Good Health Tips For You

Banana Bread - How To Prepare A Gluten Free Banana Bread

Today I wanted to do a post that got me back to my roots.  
If you asked me what is one food Id want to live off of for the rest of my life, I would've chose bread.  
To be honest, if you asked me today, it would still be bread.

Unfortunately for me, and quite possibly you, you've decided to cut back on gluten. 
Your health may be better for it, but no matter how much will power you have, you just crave it!  
My belief in my health coaching business is you should still be able to eat the foods you want.  
Her-ego this amazing recipe that will fool your tongue into think you're having that long desired gluten again.  
After all, why cant you eat healthy and love it?!

(Gluten-free)

Ingredients:
  • 3 ripe medium bananas 
  • 1½ c. roasted unsalted pecans
  • 2 Tbsp. grapeseed oil
  • 2 eggs, whisked
  • 1 c. almond meal/flour
  • 1 Tbsp. honey or maple syrup
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 1 tsp. baking powder
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
  • ½ tsp.  cinnamon
  • 1 pinch salt

Method:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place pecans in a food processor and grind down. 
Once the pecans are a fine meal, drizzle in grape seed oil while the processor is running to create a pecan butter. 
Peel bananas; roughly break them up and add to food processor. 
Combine mixture for about a minute or until the mixture resembles a soupy paste.

In a large bowl, whisk eggs. Add pecan/banana mixture along with remaining above ingredients. 
Mix to combine until it resembles a batter. 
Grease a glass loaf pan with coconut oil. 
Pour batter into greased loaf pan and bake for 25-30 minutes or until bread is cooked through. 
Allow bread to cool for about 10 minutes. 

Enjoy.

Popular Posts